About the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF)
The International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) is a global non-governmental not-for-profit organization dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and related musculoskeletal diseases. IOF headquarters are located in Nyon, Switzerland, with regional offices established in Buenos Aires, Dubai, and Singapore.
IOF’s members – patient, medical and research societies as well as industry representatives from around the world – share a common vision of a world in which people of all ages benefit from good bone, muscle and joint health, free of fragility fractures due to osteoporosis.
IOF's mission is to promote the maintenance of bone, muscle and joint health as a worldwide priority.
- To motivate people to take action to maintain musculoskeletal health and prevent, diagnose and treat bone, muscle and joint disorders
- To foster the education and training of physicians and allied health care professionals in the field of musculoskeletal health and bone, muscle and joint disorder
- To lobby for policy change so that musculoskeletal health and prevention, diagnosis and treatment of bone, muscle and joint disorders becomes standard worldwide
- To promote medical innovation and to improve patient care in the field of musculoskeletal health
- To support and maintain contacts with institutions or societies having similar objectives
About International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD)
The International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD) is a multidisciplinary, nonprofit organization that provides a central resource for a number of scientific disciplines with an interest in the assessment of skeletal health. Founded in June of 1993, the Society was the first of its kind worldwide.
The ISCD’s mission is to advance excellence in the assessment of skeletal health. As such, the ISCD offers numerous opportunities for participation in our organization, through:
- Comprehensive Educational Courses – in bone densitometry, vertebral fracture assessment (VFA), Body Composition utilizing DXA, both Live and Online courses available
- Certification – for Clinicians: Certified Clinical Densitometrists (CCD), and Technologists: Certified Bone Densitometry Technologists (CBDT).
- Annual Membership- With Member benefits such as Ask an Expert, Case of the Month and access to the Journal of Clinical Densitometry
- And More through our Annual Meeting, Facility Accreditation Programs, Committees, Publications
We invite you to join us in our mission. Participation opportunities are available at many levels: annual membership, ISCD Certification, attendance at our Annual Meeting, leadership and committee involvement, submissions to our publications, ISCD Course attendance and much more. Browse our website and contact us to find out more about ISCD.
Scientific Program Committee
Cyrus Cooper (UK), IOF, Co-chair
William Leslie (Canada), ISCD, Co-chair
Angela Cheung (Canada), Osteoporosis Canada
Bess Dawson-Hughes (USA), IOF
Augusto Focil (USA), Californian Hispanic Osteoporosis Foundation
Diane Krueger (USA), ISCD
Marise Lazaretti (Brazil), Brazilian Association of Bone Assessment and Metabolism (ABRASSO)
E. Michael Lewiecki (USA), ISCD
Fidencio Cons Molina (Mexico), Mexican Association of Bone and Mineral Metabolism (AMMOM)
René Rizzoli (Switzerland), IOF
Bernardo Stolnicki (Brazil), Brazilian Orthopedic Association (ABOOM)